new kitchen combi relocating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

a new kitchen refit is planned with combi relocated, i want to fit a new combi. Is my old combi 2.5 years old worth anything other than scrap value ?

Sponsored Links
If it is a condensing boiler it will retain some value. If it is not a condensing type it might not be compatable with the anticipated new building regulations due out soon, April 2005 I think. And therefore worthless after this date.

I wouldn't be that pessimistic. It depends what the boiler IS, it may have considerable value as spares if not a runner. There will be plenty of all sorts of boilers going in as long as they're available. It isn't a safety issue so the new regs will not be worshipped.
What is it? If it's a Vaillant I'll come collect it!

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
I wouldn't be that pessimistic. It depends what the boiler IS, it may have considerable value as spares if not a runner. There will be plenty of all sorts of boilers going in as long as they're available. It isn't a safety issue so the new regs will not be worshipped.
What is it? If it's a Vaillant I'll come collect it!

Ok ChrisR when kitchen is refitted if it is scrapped you have first refusal

Yes its a Vaillant

namsag said:
Why can`t you reposition your existing combi

With new combi you get 2yrs warranty and cost to relocate/install are the same ( I am assuming £100 per year for extra warranty on current combi ?) If old combi( non condensing) is worth any money then all adds up to a few £200's extra on cost of total kitchen refit ( if it's value is scrap then price of new combi) .

Hope that made sense .

Thanks for all replys so far.

I haven't decided yet so asked for advice here.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back