New laminate floor blistering/bubble.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I have in the past few weeks installed a new laminate floor in my living room.
We gave it a slightly damp mop to clean it and it has blistered in a few places. Now I have fitted laminate flooring before and cleaned them in exactly the same way and never had a problem. The thing is now that I'll need to rip of the beading and remove half the floor to replace around 7 boards.

Do you think that its faulty floor rather than something we've done wrong?

The living room is on the first floor with a chipboard sub floor. We have used a 9mm Balterio laminate. The sub floor is firm and level, I used a fibreboard underlay and left 10mm expansion gap all the way round so as far as i'm aware I have installed it correct. Or is there something I have missed? There is an ever so slight give on the floor when walked on but i would not call it a bounce, no real creaks or anything either.

Just wanted your opinions.

Many thanks.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sponsored Links
Not very damp. Water squeezed out as much as possible. Nothing different from the last one we had and had it down 6 years with no problem. We had all sorts of spills on it and didn't get this problem.

The laminate says water resistant which it surely should be. I can understand them not saying waterproof but surely a slightly damp mop should not do that to it?

Of course. You've done a good job on getting the joint lined up anyway.

I'm thinking, maybe they've been kept in a damp area prior to you buying them, and they've started to dry out and warp a tad, just a thought though. :/

Sponsored Links
It looks like classic moisture ingression, it is possible that one or two boards were not quite sealed correctly, other than expansion pinching, it 'could' be some damage to the joint during installation or possibly some dust left in the joint?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back