New Lintel Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've searched long and hard on the internet to try and find the answer but just cannot seem to get anywhere so hopefully this isn't a repeated thread.

I currently have a living room which currently has double doors to enter. I want to partition part of the room to create a new office and a smaller living room.

The plan is to have the new door (created in a load bearing wall) next to the existing double doors but convert the double to a single.

Currently the double door has a steel lintel spanning it.

My question is, can a lintel start next to another lintel? Picture below to try and support my explanation. Thought process is surely it should be ok as the door closest to the new door will be filled in so the 50% of the lintel closest to the new one is now largely redundant?

Thanks in advance!

1706204420822.png

Sponsored Links
This might be better in the building section as it's more to do with load bearing walls and lintels not the actual door

Yes it can as long as remaining section of wall can take load imposed on it which in your case should not be a problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back