New lockdown in sight

Not true.
In recent years the top managers had to work hard and thick to get their bonus and it wasn't hundreds of thousand.
All of a sudden, after 6 months of sofa work because of covid they get millions.
How come their business is not suffering?
Let me give you the simple answer: small and medium (and even some large) competitors shut down and even if business is down overall, they make more money.
You're making things up again. But yes, we can add 'its all big businesses fault' to the conspiracy theory list.

Sponsored Links
You're making things up again. But yes, we can add 'its all big businesses fault' to the conspiracy theory list.
It's not a theory, it's a fact.
Have you been to the high street recently or you're still locked indoors with windows and doors sealed?

It's not a theory, it's a fact.
Have you been to the high street recently or you're still locked indoors with windows and doors sealed?
It's a conspiracy theory, you have zero evidence other than 1 anecdotal story that in your mind you have reinforced with confirmation bias.

Next you will be telling us it's a plot by Soros and the Gates foundation to force us into having the vaccine.

Sponsored Links
It's a conspiracy theory, you have zero evidence other than 1 anecdotal story that in your mind you have reinforced with confirmation bias.

Next you will be telling us it's a plot by Soros and the Gates foundation to force us into having the vaccine.
Is there any point in answering?
Whatever anyone says that doesn't align with your twisted mind is crap, so...

Is there any point in answering?
Whatever anyone says that doesn't align with your twisted mind is crap, so...

you are the one peddling the crap.

If you want a proper debate, I can back mine up with facts and evidence drawn from scientists, virologists.

where do you get yours from

you are the one peddling the crap.

If you want a proper debate, I can back mine up with facts and evidence drawn from scientists, virologists.

where do you get yours from
Same environment as yours, just of the opposite opinion.
But of course you must be right and everyone else is an idiot.
The attitude of a very intelligent person, carry on.

Let me give you the simple answer: small and medium (and even some large) competitors shut down and even if business is down overall, they make more money.

That's an interesting "fact."

To back it up, please tell me how revenue and profits in the FTSE100 are higher this than they were in the first half of last year.

Start with Shell, please.

Then Glaxo.

That's an interesting "fact."

To back it up, please tell me how revenue and profits in the FTSE100 are higher this year than they were in the first half of last year.

Start with Shell, please.

Then Glaxo.

Same environment as yours, just of the opposite opinion.
But of course you must be right and everyone else is an idiot.
The attitude of a very intelligent person, carry on.
your welcome to provide your evidence, anytime you want.

No one is stopping you

your welcome to provide your evidence, anytime you want.

No one is stopping you
You're always asking for evidence.
What about YOUR evidence???
Every time you're challenged you post a lot of links of news article and similar minded people like you.
You can do the same for the opposite view.
Use google and you'll find lots and lots of news contrasting with your views and scientists whose opinion is exactly the opposite of that of your favourite.
It's pick and choose.
I speak for real life experience, don't believe half a word of the news, Facebook or "scientists" making all sort of claims.
Remember your most loved child, the "GLOBAL WARMING"???

An example:

Isn't it irritating that these stations are on 24 hours a day but always "run out of time"?

Interesting interview on a number of SARS-Cov-2 aspects this morning (starting at 1007; get it on BBC Sounds), on R5L, with former Justice of the Supreme Court, Lord Jonathan Sumption.

His stance was that lockdowns do not serve any purpose, beyond buying time for the health service to gear-up to sufficient capacity.
And, now that ours has done so, any further lockdowns merely postpone the cases until after the next easing, rather than prevent them full-stop.

Go and tell that too notchy....
Yep, Notch is wrong.
Interesting interview on a number of SARS-Cov-2 aspects this morning (starting at 1007; get it on BBC Sounds), on R5L, with former Justice of the Supreme Court, Lord Jonathan Sumption.

His stance was that lockdowns do not serve any purpose, beyond buying time for the health service to gear-up to sufficient capacity.
And, now that ours has done so, any further lockdowns merely postpone the cases until after the next easing, rather than prevent them full-stop.
Am all for slowing the spread in a lot of ways. Don't overwhelm the NHS with cases in hospital which could still happen if we continue to get the daily case count we are getting (and it's spreading to 50-somethings now from the kids), as well as those who seem to be left with long-term side effects. Also, time allows continuing learning about the best way to treat people and perhaps, if we're really really lucky, to develop a vaccination.

Yes, that was the reason given at the time - to 'flatten the curve'.

Agree, but his point is that now the NHS does have the capacity to deal with expected cases.
From that point-of-view, further lockdown is buying time that has already been bought.

Sponsored Links
Back