New MCB will not re-set

Sponsored Links
Could the 45A part just be the maximum rating of the RCD unit? The fuse being the overcurrent protection? It would still be nice to see some photos and the KW rating of the shower!

Are RCDs/RCCBs rated at 45A?
I would suspect that the original shower circuit was protected by a 30A fused Isolator, and the lazy git who put new shower in decided to use existing circuit and tie in the RCD and 45A MCB to that circuit/fuse/iso.
I would like to see the cert issued!

It could have been a 7.2.kW economy shower, and the cartridge fuse was on the feed to the MCB, because the breaker was only M6 rated, and the PSCC was more than that, hence the need for a Cartridge Fuse. Consumer unit manufacturers do state that their devices need backing up with a suitable cartridge fuse, in the case of Higher PSCC being encountered.

Sponsored Links
Are RCDs/RCCBs rated at 45A?
Don't see why not.
Nor do I. However, I presume the question was asking whether there are actually (m)any RCDs out there which are rated at 45A. If there are, they certainly aren't common, and I cannot personally recall ever having seen one. The difference from a (common) 63A one would presumably be so small (and the market probably small) that most manufacturers probably don't feel it would be worthwhile making them.

Kind Regards, John

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back