New Megaflo Installation Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today I commisioned my new Megaflo systemfit cylinder and Vailant Open Vent Boiler (installed with exp. vessel and safety blow off in an unvented style). With the Megaflo came a Danfos TP9 2 channel DHW & DCH controller. I have a couple of questions re. the TP9.

1) Where is the best place to put the room stat. I've got it in the boiler room temporarily but I suspect this isnt the best place for it. Should it go in a room which is heated by the TP9 and rads controlled by it.

2) When looking at the leaflet for the TP9 it seems to be on all the time, albeit at different temps. Is this typical of digital controllers? Do you just put a low temp in when you want the heating off? I'm used to a simple life with a combi.

Also, could anyone explain how to balance the circulation on the Megaflo Systemfit. I have DHW, rads and it also feeds an Underfloor Heating 8 way manifold for the ground floor.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Forgive me if this is overreacting, but it's like someone has said:

I've just built an aeroplane to fly my family round in this weekend, could someone just tell me what this propeller thingy does and how it bolts on?

Sponsored Links
Now you mention it, it does sound a bit like that. I've been on a very steep learning curve this last couple of days doing things I shouldn't but I simply cannot afford to pay the pro's. I had a Corgi chap check the gas and check my circuit designs before I plumbed it all in.

So, is anyone going to answer my 3 simple questions??? Simple if you know how i guess.

Signature is supposed to be like that.
Questions are deadly serious. I give in. I'm off to bed. Doesnt look like I'm gonna get any sense from you lot tonight. Thanks for nowt.

As this has to be notified to local building control, then who is going to do this then?

Should be fitted by a G3 registered installer :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back