New Member...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings one and all, could not find a Welcome?Introductions page. If I have missed it then I am sure one of the Mods will soon move it for me?

I am a 30yo bloke in Wiltshire, bought my first place last year with hers truly. It's (we think) a 1760's end terrace which was once part of next door. We have a flying freehold bathroom over their kitchen which has already been interesting thanks to a rubbish plastic snap coupling on a copper water pipe :oops:
We didn't pay a lot for the place thanks to the misfortune of the previous owners I am sorry to say. It came on the market at considerably less in 2009 than it did in 2008 we shall say. Seeing it the second time, we had to have it. We have done a lot with a little still to do and the most important thing is, we love it. :)

Farm worker by trade but with the help of the inlaws, family and a "I wouldn't mind a go" attitude most of the work has been done by ourselves. The only trades coming in were electrician, plasterer and a sand blasting company to strip our timbers inside back to el naturale!

Sponsored Links
Hello and welcome, do you have any before and after pictures of the house, if so post them in your projects section its always interesting to view other peoples jobbies.

Sponsored Links
Welcome Trissle!! I hope you enjoy your interaction on these pages. A few words to the wise... don't let the haters turn you away from this site, there are some decent lads and lasses on here, with a vast array of useful knowledge, just sort the 'wheat' from the 'chaff' and you'll be fine :D

A very merry welcome Trissle. I just hope your stay here will be longer than the affairs on Emmerdale or Coronation St. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Good evening and welcome,
Trissle.
Now you've moved in with hers truly and joined Diynot, your life is unfortunately ruined! :LOL:
Enjoy your stay.

if i were to give you one bit of advice.... enjoy DIYnot, but stay away from General Discussion !! coming in here is a bit like having a 'dabble' in crack cocaine !! :eek:

Some great replies from you lot already! I am a moderator on a model farming forum (stay with me here!!) and many the same statements and sentiments can carry over there as well :D :D

I ma building an album on here just at the moment so will start said topic in the nearer future.

:eek: :eek:

There may well be the odd one or two!! Luckily in 1/32 scale however so no plastic animals were harmed in the formation of said Forum!! It is mainly (either shop bought or modified) machinery and farmyard diorama'a/layouts, rare and collectables and so on.

Sponsored Links
Back