New motorised valve not solved problem. SORTED.

Full motorised valve replacement. Either side of this are manual gate valves for isolation of the valve. One of these also replaced.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
Not sure how many pipes, I will look tomorrow. If one of the gate valves wasn’t fully open would this mean the hot water cylinder would get only warm not hot?

Not sure how many pipes, I will look tomorrow. If one of the gate valves wasn’t fully open would this mean the hot water cylinder would get only warm not hot?
If it’s snapped or not fully open, it can restrict the flow rate through, so the pipe one side of the valve would be hot and the other warm. If this isn’t the case, then it lies elsewhere, eg back to the motorised valve.

Thanks for everyone’s help. I’ll go back into the eaves tomorrow to have another check around.

Sponsored Links
That's a new one, gate valves either side of a 2 port, I kinda see why but normally not used.

Check the thermostat on the cylinder, make sure it's at 60Deg. Then try the gates valves, do they wind fully down and then fully back, stopping at each end? If so, Leave them fully open with half a turn back down. If one keeps spinning or doesn't turn as many turns as the other one then it's snapped. Does the primary flow on the outlet side of the valve get as hot, as quickly as the inlet side?

• Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back