New name for electrical company

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, need some help with naming my new electrical company. Everything I think off seems to be already used. Would be great to get some ideas of suggestions. I'm trying to keep it different and unique

I was thinking maybe just use my initials. (SUD Electrical). Does that sound silly or would it be OK?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You could use a name that reassures punters you are a local firm. Such as "Darlington Electrics" Or "North Yorks Installations"

But in the knowledge that people from across the county border will refuse to use you.

Sponsored Links
"the vital spark"
"the bright spark"
"the energized spark"
"the certified bright spark"

I was thinking maybe just use my initials. (SUD Electrical). Does that sound silly or would it be OK?

Sounds ok to me, but if you don’t need the U, could always be SD electrical? As John said, maybe where you’re located, or area, some even use their kids initials, one company that worked for us used his all of his kids first 2 initials and came up with a company name.

Last edited:
SUD is sustainable urban drainage, so that might cause some confusion.

Something short and easy to remember is always good. Location based can be useful. County level is usually a big enough market, but I've used people with businesses with village names - local is nice - one was a plasterer and the other an electrician, but are always busy.

Definitely a localised name. My plumber is called Ashbourne Plumbing Services (not exactly that but you get the idea) but the guy has a customer base stretching over a 45 mile radius.

Once he got known as a good plumber through recommendations travelling wasn't an issue.

Some quite daft names above. Which in any world of reality should never see the light of day.
Reminds me of a hair dressers that was named... "Curl up and Dye".

Sponsored Links
Back