New Oak Thresholds : Do they need protecting ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all & Happy Xmas.

Quick question, though not very festive i know :LOL: but just had some laminate flooring fitted, with solid oak thresholds between the rooms. After getting a spot of paint on one :oops: ... i found it a nightmare to get off :mad: .. Is it worth coating the thresholds with anything to protect them & make any removal of spillages easier for the future

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes

Floor lacquer or varnish water based so it wont go yellow like oil based varnish.

Hears wishing you and your love ones a very magical Christmas and a fantastic new year

Thankyou ... i'll get to B&Q over the weekend ... Any recommendations ar will any clear interior varnish be ok ??

If you want it water proof and to stand up to more traffic the exterior sir exterior

Sponsored Links
Just use tung oil, or linseed oil, lots of coats, then a coat of beeswax later on on about a year, The maintenance is really easy, unlike with varnish which shows scratches like they were floodlit and is a pain to touch up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back