New patio doors glass panes are flexing!?

To be honest I walk on conservatory roofs all the time too and have done for 15+ years.
I try to stay to the edges not the middle and never in the rain as self cleaning glass is like ice when its wet.

I wouldn't recommend it to a customer though :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I'll dig a pic out and post it here of a colleague kneeling on a glass roof while cleaning, rather him than me and yes i did tell him to wait while i got my conservatory roof ladders off but i guess he couldn't wait, maybe one day when he falls through one he'll wished he used his........thats if he's still in any fit state to work in the trade

Before I got into double glazing I used to build Industrial greenhouses for nursery's and garden centers, Big 5-15 acre things.
We used to throw and catch 4mm float glass to glaze the roofs.
Free hand angled glass cutting up ladders and steps (got a lovely scar on my knee from that).
Walk on the 30mm thick Ali roof bars holding the 4mm glass, If fact we used to race up, down and across the roofs. :oops:
All while bare topped in shorts and trainers.

Health and safety would have had a frickin heart attack lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back