New Patio Drain Covers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had type 1 laid ready to lay porcelain, I need to add in recessed manhole covers for the drains shown.

I'm having a splash strip around the perimeter of the house filled with decorative stone for drainage.

How would you go about installing the covers.

The downpipe access cover is at an odd angle as you can see.

The other one is plastic and I want to inset porcelain into the lid.

The other is a mains drainage with steps that go down into the chamber

1000083614.jpg
1000083615.jpg
1000083616.jpg
1000083617.jpg

Sponsored Links
Can anyone help with this? can I just install covers on top of the old ones?

You need to get rid of the old covers (and the surrounding trays) and set the new trays for the recessed manhole covers at the right level. Break away the old haunching and lay the new trays on a bed of fresh cement, using a string line for level and tapping down till they are in line with the finished level of your paving. For the downpipe rodding eye cover, it's a weird angle and too small for a recessed cover, but you could lay a larger recessed cover over the top, so you lift that one up to access the original rodding eye cover.

The plastic one needs to be cut down to the right level before you set your new frame over it; you probably want to trowel concrete around the hole within the frame so it's tidy in there, with falls to the centre so any water splashes go down the hole.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back