New PC

Sponsored Links
Good point. And faster speeds.

In the fog-shrouded reaches of my memory there's an idea that a few years ago the top-end of capacities available at the time were to be avoided because of unreliability and/or short life.

Thanks everybody for all your input.
I took the issue of not being as described to Trading Standards. They advised to use the ADR. Having registered, I get a message saying the company are not interested in ADR and say they have done all they can for me. So now the only option is to register and pay a fee to use money claim on line and possibly for the case to go in front of a judge.
Would you go through that hassle?

Sponsored Links
No. Depending on the quality of the judge, they could accept that the company have treated you reasonably, but they've got to change their advertising in the future to stop any misunderstanding, or they could back you and tell them to give you the better disk - it's too much of a risk. I agree that they haven't played fair, but you have to consider the battles that are worth wining.

At the end of it, I don't think you'll notice that difference in speed, but as I've said earlier, how will the company act when the computer goes wrong, so I'd still suggest you see if you can return it, and you're close enough to Christmas to wait for the January sales.

On a dafter note; I follow astrology, and now is not a good time to enter into contracts or buy electronic equipment - wait till January 1st onwards.