New Pipe from stop cock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am having my house done up so new heating, electrics etc. I have noticed that I have lead pipe coming into the property from the street stop cock. As I am having all new plumbing run within the property can anyone tell me how much It costs to have a new pipe run from the stop cock into the property. And is it only the water board that can do this ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
We don't do estimating costs on this site, it's for advice not price comparisons, and it's impossible to say without seeing the job anyway.

The local water authority should replace the lead from the street stopcock to your boundary for free under the Lead Pipe Replacement Scheme http://www.unitedutilities.com/LeadpipeReplacement.aspx. From then on it's up to you, you can lay your own pipe through your garden provided you do it to regulations and leave it open so they can inspect it, or you can pay them a vast amount of money to do it for you. If you connect to your internal stopcock and leave enough loose in the trench at the other end they'll hook that straight onto the street stopcock.

Thanks for the advice I shall contact my local waterboard. When I mentioned costS what I really meant was did it cost or was it a free service as i have been told by some it wil cost me and others that it is free. All I want is to have the pipe changed from the stopcock just to inside the property so when I get a plumber in I can get him to connect everything to the new pipe

Free - In this case basically means this -

You dig the Trench 750mm deep minimum , they come out and check it , Then you supply and install the Alkathene Pipe , It has to be in a Ducting where it enters the Building (which must be sealed on completion - I used expanding Foam) the Free bit is , they will dig a Hole and connect the Alkathene and fit a new Stoptap by the Road or Pavement, You or your Plumber will have to connect upto your Internal Stoptap

Lucky

Sponsored Links
Alkathene? Medium Density Polyethylene, I think you mean. ;)

Say alkathene to most merchants and they'll scratch their head and ask 'is that what you use for laboratory drains?'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back