new plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As I was removing old tiles and wall paper the plaster was coming off in large pieces as well. I have decided to dot and dab the kitchen with new plaster board and have it reskimmed. Question is do I plasterboard over the conjuit on the electric wiring which i had to do, it was previously plastered over bare wires, or cut out the board? It seems if I plasterboard over the conjuit, it requires tons of adhesive to build the rest of the wall out in order to get a level wall!!! The breeze block wall is not level either and has some breeze blocks sticking out, others are in slightly. HELP :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
the other option is to mount the plaster board on treated wood battons (about 25 x 50mm). The battons are fixed to the wall, use packing between the back of the batten and wall if necessary to keep them straight. This is called dry linning.

For your switches and sockets use special cavity (double or single) boxes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back