Stripped plaster away (Wall now moves slightly!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Got a question for you guys, Ive just finished stripping tiles out of the bathroom wich resulted in most of the plaster coming away with them.

As a consequence, ive had to remove all the plaster right back to the bare wall. Now the wall (an upstairs non load bearing wall) is made of single layer breeze blocks.

It all stripped away nicely as the plaster had almost all come away from the breeze blocks anyway. My concern is that when I now push or wobble the wall lightly I can see movement of the wall. i.e. it wobbles ever so slightly.

Is this something to be concerned with as it is a non-load bearing wall and I intend to fully plaster board and re-tile it.

Have any of you got any advice on this?

Im planning to wire brush the wall, chisel out any remaining loose bits of morter and then refil all gaps etc i.e. holes in the mortar + the gaps between the breeze block wall and the ceilling boards.

After that im going to spray with diluted PVA (allow to dry) and then plasterboard and tile the wall.

Does this sound like a good course of action in this situation?

Thanks
Dan

Sponsored Links
using real slate wedges between moving and moving masonry can help, also spot dabbing plasterboard will help stabilize the wall provided at least 40% of the board is fixed to non moving masonry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back