Plasterboarding in garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just need a few hints before i begin plasterboarding the garage in which is the best way to do it.
I have now put all the noggins in the ceiling and wish to board this up but also in the garage all walls are bare breeze blocks and bricks and dont know whether i should put the plasterboards directly onto the walls (bearing in mind that i have electrical wires and plugs running down the walls) via a dot and dab method or whether i should put up a frame all the way around the garage leaving a little gap between wall and plasterboard for insulation?
any help would be most appreciated,
thanks

Sponsored Links
im just converting it into a gym so only the occasional length of time in there. but during the winter it is very cold to go in there so thats why i though of insulation.

Sponsored Links
Just batten the walls and insulate between and plasterboard or dry lining on top.

foam backed plasterboard glued to the walls.. saves having to build the timber frame and I think ( not certain so don't quote me.. ) that the foam is better for the same thickness than rockwool or the like.. ?

if you have an integral garage and you intend leaving the garage door intact, then i see no point in insulating the walls.

i am leaving the garage door intact as too much effort to remove!
but in the garage i have my electricity meter and gas supply pipes with meter too so i cant attach boards directly on half of one wall so would it be easier to do the whole wall with battons and then glue the rest of the garage?
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back