Garage Work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope this is the right forum - I have a garage which has bare brick walls inside and is by all account a standard garage interior. I would like to alter the bottom third of the garage into nicer area to have some gym equipment and to make it a bit nicer I was thinking about putting plasterboard over the walls and as a ceiling just for that area (not the whole garage) with a bit of paint on top and some rubber matts over the floor.

I am appy with the floor myself but was wondering if I am going about the walls the right way? Is plasterboard the right thing to use and if so do I need to attach a wooden frame to the walls to attach the plaster board to?

Thanks for all help in advance!

Sam

Sponsored Links
your biggest enemy, if its a single brick garage, is damp.
if you get sustained driving rain against the wall it will cause the bricks and whatever is fixed to it , to become damp.
along with damp you also get black mould. without a source of heat, this will always be a problem.
i guess pre battening will help, as would using foil backed (duplex) plasterboards. or go for battens and 12mm w.b.p. you could paint the plywood and maybe even fix stuff to it. ideal in a garage where space is a premium.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back