Garage internal wall advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have a 6m2 detached garage single brick three walls adjoined on the fourth and concrete slab for floor. Standard garage door at one end, and exterior door at the other I am in the process of converting the garage into an insulated office, so essentially having 1/3 as standard un-insulated garage and then 2/3 insulated room floor, ceiling and walls.

As far as partitioning the garage into office and garage I was going to use, stud wall with plasterboard facing the garage side so the garage would be un-insulated with one wall made of plasterboard. I was thinking about skimming this wall, but then a friend said to tape and then paint with diluted 1/10 emulsion to seal it.

My questions are would this be suitable for an un-insulated garage wall in the first place, and would it be better to skim, or can I just paint the wall and tape the seams ?

Many thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back