New porch with a toilet possible?

You make a good point Owain, but looking at the picture, there only seems to be about 1m to the right of the door, and I wouldn't say that that's enough to put a toilet in, so the OP may have to start thinking laterally. And if there isn't any insulation, it'll be bloody chilly using it in the winter.

Sponsored Links
Just to give you an update, I've decided to scrap the toilet idea.
You've made me realise that I think it's fair to say with all the extra costs and hassle invloved I should put the extra money towards eventually having a rear extension built, with a toilet in a more suitable area!

However, I'm still planning on changing the porch which brings me onto another question (already touched upon) that isn't really relevant to the title of this thread so not sure if I should've started another thread.

As already stated Safe Style UK quoted me £2900 which I'm sure I could bring it down a bit and Anglican Windows salesman didn't turn up! The thing is, judging by local firms this price seems quite reasonable! One local firm said it would be at least £4K whilst another said £7K! I honestly thought they must have misunderstood me about the groundwork being already done and it's to be just a normal uPVC one but no!

Looking up DIY kits and made to measure ones, they're at least £1500 and I don't think they're as good so maybe the price might not be far off being a decent one after all when you take into account of not fitting it myself. Has anyone actually had one of these porches built and how much was it?

I think I'll try to get Anglican Windows in again and any other national firm like them where hopefully I can get them to try and out do each other with the price!

I'm also scratching my head over what's a fair price for block paving patio and fencing but that's for another thread!

Thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate this.

If you're not desperate to start the job straight away, then leave the quotes till just before Christmas. The big companies will always charge more, as they need bigger margins, but that's when you'll get a bigger discount (I got my windows down from 8K, to 4.5K just by standing my ground, and the guy next door thought he'd got a bargain from Anglain at 11K) but the small guys will always be cheaper, so this trick won't work for them.

2.9K for a porch is still over the top, but if you make the companies aware of the other quotes, they'll start to match them.

Sponsored Links
Slightly off page but maybe not?
Check out cnn.com today (09/10/2016) for the news item "would you use this washroom?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back