New poster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am a new poster, I specialize mainly in industrial and commercial gas work. I hope to provide information to those that need it and advice, also I hope to be able to ask advice from others when I need it.

Anyway here are my qualifications

Domestic

Pipework
Cookers
Gas Fires
Water Heaters
Boilers
Warm Air
Tumble Dryers
Leisure Equipment
Meters

Commercial

Pipework
Pipework testing & commisioning 1 & 1a
Catering equipment (cat 1,2,3 and 4)
Laundry Equipment
Air Heating
Radiant tube & plaque heaters
Boilers over 70kw
Water heaters over 70kw
High Pressure pipework
Gas Booster
Swimming pool boilers

Lpg

As above appliances but also in LPG

Sponsored Links
nah.....hes probably doing it on the side.

i reckon hes a rocket scientist tony.

tony will want to know if you are polish next.

Sponsored Links
nickso said:

With all those qualifications I bet he is an ex BBC engineer :eek: :LOL: :LOL:

gas4you said:
nickso said:

With all those qualifications I bet he is an ex BBC engineer :eek: :LOL: :LOL:

really? he hasnt listed bullshit 101 as a qualification. :confused:

i forgot to add welcome james.

Yes I am corgi registered, well its technically not my registration as I work for a company, no. 152129

James

That decodes to Kent, Worcester or Yorkshire! Not Essex?

Dont you have the G3 for unventeds?

Nevertheless, it sounds as if I can take early retirement now! But I will hang around just in case.

Tony

Question, unvented giving discharge to single pipe outside. Totally unpredictable and sometimes cold and sometimes warm. Whats the fault?

Ex vessel is at correct pressure and all safety devices are operating correctly!

Yes it would decode as those three offices, we are a nationwide company my regional office is based in wrotham kent. The same office is also shared by alpha boilers.

My particular are of work is mainly essex and suffolk, would you like a picture of my corgi card.

With regards to the unvented cylinder i would assume that the cylinder has not got a expansion bubble that hasnt lost its charge.
I assume the discharge is coming from the temperature and pressure relief valve so i would say a defective or incorrectly set pressure reducing valve is at fault.

I have a question for you, under the new tightness test regulations a domestic operative is within scope to work on a u16 meter with pipework no bigger than 35mm or 1 1/4" providing the total installation volume is less than what???

Now i think most will say less than 1 cubic metre but if memory serves me right whch generally it doesnt the figure for gas volume where central heating is involved is about 0.14 cubic metres. Not read IGE/UP/1 lately but its in there.

Nope, i'll let it run see if Tony gets the right anwser.

The specific scope it comes under is ige/up/1b edition 2:2006

James

This was recently asked by BPEC in their commercial re-qual papers, like i said its not the 1 cube like everyone expects but is a lot lower.

It is a lot lower than 1 cubic metre and lower than 0.14. Any thing between this figure i'm asking for and 1 cubic meter comes under 1a and anything over 1 cubic metre comes under 1.

James

If I came across a U16 meter I would run and hand over to my commercial rated mate :eek:

Hands up, I aint got a clue about anything over G4/U6 :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back