Boiler/Pool Plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I'm in the process of removing an old swimming pool from my garden.

I've now arrived at the part where I need to remove the pool plumbing from the cupboard and this is made complicated because the pool pump takes a feed from the boiler to heat the pool.

The question I have is whether I can use that Grundfos pump on the wall as a valve to stop the flow of water from the boiler. The pipe going into that Grundfos pump comes from the boiler and the pipe coming out of the pump goes into the pool equipment underneath it.

Then, that vertical pipe with the little red valve comes back out of the pool equipment into the boiler. That little red valve is (and always has been since I moved here) turned fully off.

Ultimately, I want to remove all of the pool equipment without causing a leak and I'm hoping I can use that Grundfos pump as a stop valve so that I can disconnect the water flow from the boiler into the pool equipment.

I suppose the other consideration is whether by shutting the water flow, I'd case any damage to the boiler?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Some further detail...the two pipes (the one with the pump and then the one with the little red valve) seem to be a in and out flow for the pool's heat exchange. Both pipes go back to the boiler.

If I remove the heat exchange, should I either:

1. Cap both of those pipes.
2. Or do I need to maintain the flow and therefore join them together once I've taken the heat exchange out?

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back