New pro scaffolder in town.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from my “Scaffolding scam?” Post a couple of weeks back….. https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/scaffolding-scam.581033/
I am now an expert pro scaffolder level 10… I think… have a look at my creation, critique or have a laugh. Feels solid - gone belt and braces. Has 4 wall ties, 2 outriggers and as many braces as I had swivel clamps.

Any glaring issues you can see? The expert inspector had a look and signed it off. He was very good looking and seemed very knowledgeable.

Also after a slogan for my newly formed scaffold company. So far have only come up with Pilsbury Scaffolding - “for a small erection that probably won’t last”.
41C000A6-A8F7-4A0D-9B87-20C618650D64.jpeg
C797CDFC-EE12-4561-85F4-A6D88B083BFB.jpeg
562C7F3D-9779-49D4-9FF4-78F62E122748.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I know nothing about scaffolding, but looks good! And always nice when the inspector is good looking too!

Sponsored Links
you might want a piece of board to cover the ladder hatch when up there.
It's surprisingly easy to fall off scaff

I have a mesh trap door thingy that I have to attach. And also a swingy door thing for my first lift. But I’ve not made the opening/access the right sizes. A bit of jiggery pokery should sort.

Got plenty of time as I’ve not even submitted my building reg plans yet. So I suppose I can add this to my tag line “for a small erection that probably won’t last and is premature”.

I wonder (assuming they may actually visit these days) if Mr BC would climb that scaffold in the knowledge it was homemade?

How would they know it was home made? Is it that obvious?
Normally, checks would be made to the drive and patio, the corner of the house, gate and fence for any chips/dents/holes/paint marks and the like where proper scaffolders have just barged through not giving a toss about anything.

Neighbours will also be asked if there was 100db music blasting out for a few hours recently, together with intermittent swearing and loud story telling, or arguments in the street regarding a large lorry "in the way".

The absence of any of this will ring alarm bells.

Yep £500. Everything except the top section of ladder. That was mine. I used all but for a couple of 5’ lengths and an 8’ length. A bargain for sure. Suits my needs perfectly if it doesn’t fall down ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back