New PVC windows and doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Ok so i,ve finished my facia in PVC now i,m on to the windows
I have quite a few 15 windows, 2 patio doors, and a normal front door with panels either side.
Now i know this is not going to be a cheap job :eek:
I would be greatful for any advice and also which companys have done a good job and which to avoid.
And one last thing after looking into it there seems to be a huge range double, argon, tripple ect ect ect, i want a good quality but it,s seems very confusing and i,m sure if i ask a salesman he will justify the dearest in there range.
Thanks

Martin

Sponsored Links
Martin
There are no shortcuts & you have to look at the products, compare the quality & do the rounds in your own locality regarding a reliable installer. Personally I would avoid the large national companies as they are usually considerably more expensive & more often than not use the same products as the smaller local guys; few companies manufacture their own windows these days. Even with top quality units, the finished job will only be as good as the fitters that installed them so try & get a local recommendation if you can & look at some of their work before you commit yourself. Make sure you use a FENSA registered company & that you get a certificate at the end of the job, this avoids you taking all the hassle of notifying BC & getting them involved in order to get your certificate of compliance. There is a mass of information in the forum archive posts, spend some time reading through these & you will get loads of pointers of what to look for & how to avoid getting ripped off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back