New Radiator or not

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi

I have a old flat panel radiator in a bedroom which is connected to 8mm micro bore with a single end connection that has a rod running inside the radiator to control the flow/return.

I want to incorporate the radiator onto the 15mm flow return (bungalow), is it just a matter of disconnecting the existing 8mm pipes, ending them taking the road out of the radiator and adding piping and trv/lock-shield to either end of this radiator?

Also, the room BTU calculations working out to be 4000 btu but not sure what my flat panel single radiator would be. Radiator is 1900mm x 700mm would anyone know this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes as simple as that just put valves in either side and that size rad is giving out a lot more than 4000 btu
When its off take it outside and give it a good hose through and a shake

Have been doing bit of research and want opinions.

I can either do the above with existing radiator or install a new type 22 radiator 4200 btu but to keep it simple no wall/floor tracking I can run pipes down built in wardrobe in room next with the pipes coming out of an internal wall to new radiator.

This will remove the existing radiator from under the window (new double glazed upvc window) to internal wall very closed to the window.

I understand about cold spots and the flow of the heat but what is ones opinions?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back