New radiator pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of new radiators that are replacing some old ones and in new positions so I will be running new pipes to them and I have a few options to mull over.

It is in a ground floor room, currently exposed floorboards with a couple of foot underneath to the bare earth - once installed this floor will be covered with stick down LVT so pipework will be inaccessible. The 22mm feed/return pipes are in the adjacent room and I will be teeing off in 15mm.

1. 15mm Copper out of rads and through the floorboards - I was going to then elbow to 15mm speedfit pipe with push fit and then no more joins under that floor. I'm wondering if this is going to be OK (I have a coil of speedfit pipe already) or if I should really do it all in soldered copper?

2. One I've finalised the material what is the accepted way of fixing the pipe under a suspended floor? Many other pipes under the ground floor just seem to hang in mid air, some are hung underneath the joists with string. I need to cross the joists to get to the adjacent room - clip to the underneath of joists? Drill through joists?

3. What about insulating the pipes? If they are clipped to the joists do you just put small sections of foam on the pipe between the joists?

Thanks !

Sponsored Links
or if I should really do it all in soldered copper

better than any plastic pipe when access is no longer possible. Check for leaks before fitting floor.

If they are clipped to the joists do you just put small sections of foam on the pipe between the joists?

Insulation all the way and support the insulated pipe with these

https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-half-round-clips-68mm-black-10-pack/92850

ae235

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back