New radiator

D

danroach

Hiya.

I'm replacing a radiator in our spare bedroom and wanted to ask advice regards the new radiator I'm going to fit. The front panel measures 500mm x 800mm so I'm looking for a replacement of the same size. However, this is a single rad (the sort with the zig zag element at the back) but I'd like to get a double radiator so would this make any difference? Also, I notice that different types of rads have different ratings 1223W & 4173 Btw - do I need to choose with these in mind?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If by double radiator you mean a compact double panel, this will give more heat as opposed to a single panel.

If your single panel rad is heating your room fine, and you get a double panel the same size, you will be fine with the efficiency of the radiator, you will infact get a better heat output.

KW and Btu are just calculations you use with the volume of your room to work out the size of radiator needed. But without confusing you with all that, you will be fine with the information above.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back