New Rad's Down Stairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope somebody will be able to help me.

I have an Ideal Mini C28 Combi Boiler; it uses 8mm Micro Bore.

I live in an end terraced house, and the downstairs is starting to get cold. I have a 1600 x 600 single rad in the Living room and the same in the Dinning room.

I was wondering if I replace the two rads downstairs with two double convector rads.

I have heard that because it is a 8mm micro bore system it may not be able to supply enough water to heat them.

Thank You

John

Sponsored Links
Theres a load of calculations you can do if you want, but why get all academic for nothing?
Replace the rads and if they dont perform well enough balance the system.
Then if they still dont perform upsize the pipes as a last resort.

Also worth looking into energy saving measures such as TRV's, room stat, and insulation if your house isn't up to scratch in that department

Sponsored Links
By adjusting the lockshield valves you reduce the flow to the hottest radiators to allow the water to flow evenly through the system.

More here10th posting
Plus a bit of discussion if you care to read the rest of it.
Thermometers are overkill btw My opinion is that a hand on the top middle of the rad should be able to differentiate sufficiently.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back