New ram not seen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maxed out the ram on old Dell T3500 but two slots (2&5) read the memory as 2 instead of the 4gb installed?
Swopped some around but still same result suggesting ram is good.
Any suggestion?

Sponsored Links
  1. BIOS Issues: Your BIOS might need to be updated. Sometimes, outdated BIOS versions have trouble recognizing certain memory modules or handling higher capacities. Check the Dell website for any BIOS updates for your specific model.
  2. RAM Configuration: The Dell T3500 uses a triple-channel memory architecture. This means the RAM should be installed in sets of three for optimal performance. If you've installed the RAM in other configurations, it could lead to recognition problems. Refer to the manual for the correct installation method.
  3. Mismatched RAM: If your RAM sticks are not identical in terms of speed, latency, voltage, and manufacturer, it could cause problems with your system recognizing or fully utilizing them. This is less likely if you've confirmed that the RAM is good, but it's still worth considering.

Thanks , the ram is all identical so can’t be installed in wrong configuration .Will check bios updates .

Sponsored Links
What is the spec of the RAM?

The following table says that 2*4gb should be OK

It does however say that you need slot 1 and 2, and that they need to be 1066 MHz and 1333Mhz DDR3 unbuffered SDRAM.

The max RAM for that machine seems to be 24Gb, are you using different Gb sticks in the 6 slots?
Have 6X4gb ram 1066 ddr3 Unbuffered.
Have just been thru them all and noticed one is 1.5v instead of 1.35v, could this be the problem?

1.5V won't work in a 1.35V system. 1.35V should work in a 1.5V system
Need DDR3L rather than DDR3

If it were me, i would get 2 x 8gb sticks. Just use 2 slots.

Have 6X4gb ram 1066 ddr3 Unbuffered.
Have just been thru them all and noticed one is 1.5v instead of 1.35v, could this be the problem?

To be honest, I am not sure.

According to Mr.Memory both 1.35v and 1.5v should be OK.

Are any of the sticks ECC?

If no one here knows the answer then posting on the dell forum may help.

Found a ram site which says it can take 8gb sticks , think they simply were not available when it was manufactured .

Usually bios update would have sorted it out if available.

When you say not seen, is it seen in the BIOS?

Found a ram site which says it can take 8gb sticks , think they simply were not available when it was manufactured .

Neither Crucial or Mr Memory mention 8Gb sticks.

The MOBO is 9KPNV. I haven't found anything that says that 8Gb sticks can be used. Perhaps someone has released a custom BIOS that allows the MOBO to see the 8Gb sticks...

Sponsored Links
Back