New Roof on the extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an extension of 5800mm x 2800mm.
It's currently seperate from the house and by this I mean the floor level drops about a foot. I want to raise the floor up to make it flow through with the house but this means I will need to raise the old roof up.

I intend to get rid of the roof and windows and get a new roof put on first.
As said above, I want to get a new roof on but need to raise it up a little.

If I build the existing brickwork up at the front corners to support a lintel. How much should I be looking to pay to get someone to supply and fit the following:

Lintel or support beam 5800mm in length.
Supply and fit new tile roof with 2' pitch (i.e. beam, felt, batterns, tiles and flshing).
Supply and fit two 600mm x 600mm domes or skylights (the ones that don't open are fine).

I'm getting some quotes in for this at the moment but don;t know how muh I should expect to pay.

I'm in the Romford area if this makes any differene.

Sponsored Links
If I was to say £8568.00 inc - how would that help with the quotes if they all came to over £10k?

ok so under £2k is looking promising at the moment then :).

I'll get a few more quotes first.

Sponsored Links
it is not possible for a tradesman do the work that you have described for less than £2000.

Really ?.

As I said the existing structure is already there.

Brickwork for a lintel needs to be done to support it, but this is only 300mm of brickwork one side and 700mm of brickwork the other side.

Lintel then goes up.
Wall support at sorrect height goes up.
Beams are put in place.
Felt goes on.
Batterns go on.
Tiles and skylights fitted.
Flashing fitted.

Obviously I'm no expert so I may have missed something else that needs to happen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back