New roof pitched on existing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year I had part of my roof re pitched so it could be made wider for my extension on the side.(2 story)
I am about to knock through and noticed that they have put a layboard on the existing rafters that are sitting on the wall plate of the wall that needs knocking down.
I obviously need to suppor this weight. The only way I see how is by extending my rafters onto a steel . Can you extend rafters? Anyone got any good methods. It would only be by about 150 mm so it can sit on the steel . Thanks

Sponsored Links
The steel is already in place- welded onto another steel & Ceiling joins fitted.
The only way I see I can do it is to extend the roof rafters - can you do this ? I was thinking of running 4x2 timber along side the rafter me fitting 3x10mm bolts through them to join?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back