New Services

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am due to start a new build semi-detached house in May which will be attached to my current detached house. I am just in the progress of agreeing a builder and have 2 questions:

• The builders quote has no mention of including costs hooking up to services but it says local authority fees are not included. Do I assume I need to sort out the services payments side of things? I guess I will ask but just wondering what is normal.
• Is there any point going about looking at services now if the build isn’t until May, not sure of the services timescales or what they could even do before it starts?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is there any point going about looking at services now if the build isn’t until May,
Yes, the sooner the better, best for you to apply to the gas, electricity, water and telecoms personally and discuss with them where meters will be placed. The more time you have to discuss and plan it with them the better.

Contractors often don't include it as it can be a royal pain in the ass that they have very little control over. Its better that the client is aware of this in the event delays are caused by the arse about face way utilities companies operate. Be glad your not here in northern Ireland where there are no competitors and they are almost unaccountable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back