new shower installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

need some advice. doing up the bathroom and need to install a cubicle, ive got about 760mm width and seen a tray that is 1200mm x 750mm. I know its close to the window but is that ok?

secondly, what type of shower should i install, at first i thought an electric one, but i want one that has a good pressure. I dont have a hot water cylinder or a cold water tank so will come striahgt off the combi boiler

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have a combi boiler, you can just use a mixer shower because the pressure required is supplied by mains.

squeaky said:
If you have a combi boiler, you can just use a mixer shower because the pressure required is supplied by mains.

will this be better then an electric shower?

any links to a mixer shower

Sponsored Links
b21playa said:
as has been said it depends, what comi have you got? (and post the power eg 24kw, 32 kw). some struggle some are more than adiquate. same with electric. electric costs more to run, but still works whilst your waiting for the plumber to fix the combi.

sm1thson said:
b21playa said:
as has been said it depends, what comi have you got? (and post the power eg 24kw, 32 kw). some struggle some are more than adiquate. same with electric. electric costs more to run, but still works whilst your waiting for the plumber to fix the combi.

need to put a new combi in as well

how does a power shower work as ive heard a bit about them

not with a combi ;) ...they are pumped from a hot/ cold water storage cistern/cylinder...usually

Nige F said:
not with a combi ;) ...they are pumped from a hot/ cold water storage cistern/cylinder...usually

cheers

will have to look into a thermostatic mixer shower

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back