New shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Soon to be fitting a thermostatic bar shower to a WB Greenstar 24i Junior.
Any idea whether a Pressure Reducing Valve or flow regulator will be required?
Bumf for shower states Max Unbalanced Pressure Ratio 5:1. We have good mains pressure.

Sponsored Links
I find it hard to believe that it can tolerate a 5:1 pressure unbalance!

The pressure loss through a combi is usually no more than 0.5 Bar so it should be fine.

BUT I would always fit iso valve on each input, partly to aid servicing but also because restricting the cold feed often makes them easier to balance.

In extreme situations I have stuffed some plastic bag into the inlet pipes to reduce the cold flow when the cartridge is failing.

Because I still get my staff disco it will be the canines test1cles.
The installation will coincide with fitting a new basin, to which I'm fitting a TMV due to the hot water from the boiler being roughly at the temperature of the epicentre of a nuclear explosion, and the granddaughter (5 yo)stays with us regularly.

Isos will be fitted and I will be using one of the "ugly" backplates I recommended recently.
There will be the facility to easily retro-fit a PRV or flow restrictor, if needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back