New Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one exsisting shower, and wish to add two more. I have a 18 month old Santon Premier PP210B Unvented System with a 3.5bar output (so it says !). To save the hastle of electric showers, - Can I instal one of these new units I have seen where you just plumb it in, and if so - do they literatally just plumb into hot and cold with no electrical supply ?

Sponsored Links
i am not a plumber or heating engineer, power showers get their "power" from an electric pump. Also i would have thought you will need a bigger tank as if you could run 3 at the time (why else have 3?) you will pretty soon empty your hot water cylinder of hot water

It sounds like you have an unvented cylinder. What is the flow rate from your mains water supply? This will have to supply your cold and hot water needs. The 3.5bar is possible only if your mains supply is 3.5 bar.

One of the mains pressure showers should have a designed supply of 12 l/min. this is just one. There are kitchen taps and toilets to consider as well. These mains fed systems do not cope well with high peak demand. For that you need to have cold water storage tanks feeding hot water tanks.

They do just plumb in, but as breezer says, you wlii need to consider your supply and use.

You should also be getting your cylinder inspected annually by a certified operator, they can take houses down if not maintained. (The cylinder not the operator, you can get an un-certified operator just to take the house down).

We only intend to use one maybe two showers at a time; one is downstairs,and one in the upstairs bathrooms - one in an en-suite. We only have a family of four and both kids are under 10 !. the fact there are three is more for convenience than need. The boiler is as you say an unvented and is situated downstairs with a pressure fitment above it,

So could I install a couple of these plumb in type showers ?

Sponsored Links
here is a thought, try before you buy. what happens if you turn a hot and cold tap on upastairs say 1/2 way on, then do the same downstairs what's the flow like?

You can also measure the flow rate, put bucket under tap, turn on tap and start timing, turn off tap after 15 secs, multiply by four.

........and both kids are under 10.

And soon they will be OVER 10, then OVER 12, then OVER 14, and all your showers will be wanted at once. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back