New skimmed walls.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, recently moved in to a property about 2 months ago. It's a old property and walls and ceilings needed skimming. When standing on the landing facing the wall the other side just beneath the coving a bit of plaster had come out back to the brickwork. The plasterer was skimming the whole wall and where the broken old plaster was it didn't look as if it was drying. I felt the patch and it wasn't damp so I painted the wall Tuesday and yesterday . The patch is still showing through . Is it just a case of leaving it to dry longer or should I get someone in to take a look at it?

Thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG_2771.JPG
    IMG_2771.JPG
    118.4 KB · Views: 165
Sponsored Links
May well be a loose tile or guttering issue. But I'll assume he bonded the loose plaster first, and then skimmed the whole wall. That does take longer to dry, and you should've used a breathable paint on the wall (not vinyl) to let the moisture out.

Roof is looking okay from the outside. I'll go up the attic and take a look at it . If he hasn't put back the plaster and just skimmed over it but put it on thicker where there was the missing plaster then could this be the result of it? I don't think it is a leak or damp to be honest , he might have put it on thicker but wouldn't know how long the drying out would take.

Sponsored Links
Plaster doesn't stick to brickwork, so you have to put the bonding on first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back