New smart tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We bought a samsung smart tv today and after running setup and auto tune it won't pick up any channels. We have our internet through bt and the bt remote will change the channels and bring up the channel guide while the new tv remote will do volume and other picture settings. How do I get the new remote to find channels?

Sponsored Links
I am assuming there is an aerial feed of some form running into the TV to pickup the channels?

It'll be the signal that's causing the issue, not the remotes. Autotune will find all the channels it can grab onto, an if the signal isn't strong enough, it'll get ignored. I take it you're only searching for digital signals (not sure if the latest TVs ignore the old analogue channels).

Which model did you get, and where from.

It's a te390s. The ariel is on the window sill so not very good but all the channels are clear.

Sponsored Links
The it's definitely the aerial that's causing the problem. You need to get a proper one installed.

So you don't listen to the wife, and she hasn't divorced you yet. Time to take stock Phil.

I have taken in my wifes' comments and yesterday an AERIAL was fitted . All channels lovely and clear I now need an ornament for the gap on the window sill.

Well done Phil, I can see improvements in your marital relationship this year.

Celebrated 30 years of wedded bliss last september but it seems i'm still learning (y)

My smart TV has many inputs, aerial, USB, SCART, HDMI, Wifi and more. It will show all programs stored on hard drive, all programs from the set top box, and all programs from Wifi without the aerial connected, we often sit and watch old Utube movies in black and white which my mother enjoys.

So I would have thought if no TV there is more than the aerial at fault?

Did you miss the reply where he said a new aerial fixed his problems?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back