New soffitts and fascias

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 15 year old small detached house – the standard estate ‘box’. I am looking to have the soffitts, fascias and bargeboards replaced from the existing wood to upvc material. Also I assume I need the gutters replacing as there are a couple of leaks and there would be damage from the other work?
I want to get quotes – from responses to other peoples posts I gather that I should get the existing wood taken off, min 16mm thickness for soffitts and bargeboard. Want white material. Also looking to have the fascia of the attached garage done as well.

How would the fitters replace the side bargeboards when one is over the attached garage (flat roof) and the other over the side path between my house and neighbour – path is about 3-4ft wide? Would this add to the cost?

Is there a minimum recommended spec for gutters and do square or round make any difference?

My t.v. aerial is currently bolted to the apex of the bargeboards – so that the main part of the aerial is above the roof ridge. Birds landing on it have worked it loose. Can this be refitted to the upvc bargeboard (and last another 15 years) or will any rocking of the aerial by crows on the aerial split the upvc? The wood it’s bolted to now looks OK.

How much should all this cost and any recommendations for south Cheshire area?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Otherwise quite expensive, Anglian Windows are doing blinding deals on their Rooftrim range this month, we have lost a few jobs to them.

They strip off all the wood too (We don't cover your area :cry: )

Their number is 0800 500 600

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back