Flappy Soffitt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I noticed yesterday that part of the UPVC soffitt at the back of my house was hanging out of the Fascia board. I guess it's been damaged somehow in the recent high winds. I managed to push it back in by standing on the roof of my neighbours extension but the end of the soffitt now flaps about when pushed. It's just resting on top of the bricks and the lip of the fascia board.

I'm not sure how it's supposed to be held in place. If hang myself out of a windows further down the run of soffit board it does not move when I push it. Does the soffitt normally fit into some kind of channel attached to end of the rafters?

Is there an easy way to fix this type of problem or would the fascia need to be removed to rectify?

I've had a look in the loft and due to the slope of the roof it won't really be possible to do anything from the inside.

House is a 1930's semi which used to have wooden fascias but these were replaced with UPVC about 8 years ago.

Cheers,

Tony.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back