tiles lifted after new soffitts/fascias installed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just had new soffitts and fascias installed and have noticed that some of my concrete tiles have been lifted and are not sitting flush anymore.

I mentioned it to the fitters and was told its just bird protectors that have pushed the tiles up and eventually they will seat themselve back down.

Are they correct or are they telling porkies because they haven't done things properly.

Sponsored Links
The fitters are telling the truth as the comb does lift the tiles a tad.

Still they should'nt be all over the place though. There is a knack to putting back the first row of tiles as they should be dragged low over the comb dragging the fins forwards and not lifted onto the comb as the fins push the tiles out of place.

have u got a pic?

i'm not aware of eaves comb fillers distorting the tiles?

lifting a few millimeters maybe but not distorting.

Sponsored Links
noseall said:
i'm not aware of eaves comb fillers distorting the tiles?

lifting a few millimeters maybe but not distorting.

Maybe they are using those cheap and nasty eaves trays with the built in fins? They are **** beyond belief, the fins are quite short but they are so thick, they just don't bend at all, lol !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back