New soil stack needed or not?

Sponsored Links
Is the drawing to scale ? Can you turn the new WC so it's across the room with the outlet facing the soilpipe through the wall - then straight into T as mike 42 suggests.

Thanks Nige. Yes it is to scale but not 100% accurate yet. Note that mike42 is me the OP but I obviously only came round to that way of thinking from some great advice from John and yourself and that is definitely looking like the easiest/best way to do it.
Only slight thing that makes me nervous is that this would mean usining a corner branch connector (ebay link above - two branches meeting the stack at right-angles) but I think thats ok? Slightly odd that this type of connector shows as "special order" at one of the main manufacturer sites and some of the usual retail outlets either don't sell them or some sell at £100 !! Maybe its just not a usual configuration. Ebay might be the savior here.

It's not very usual but it's fine. You can enter opposite as long as they are at the same height. Good luck!

Sponsored Links
So the corner piece arrived today from Ebay. Looks like made in Poland and scratched to hell but worst part is the top seal almost falls out it is so loose. I plan to test with a bit of pipe to see if it seals ok but thinking I should at least ask the Ebay supplier for a new seal? The other seals are much tighter.

I take much of it back - I tested it outside with a bit of pipe and a hose and it seems to seal up ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back