Soil Pipe Queries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I am considering doing a side extension with another toilet and bathroom.
The current stack/soil pipe is at the back of the house and serves the upstairs bathroom and kitchen.
I am the first house in terms of the sewer which runs across my property into the next house etc.
Currently the soil pipe goes down 5 courses under damp proof then elbows under an extension which was completed before I moved in.
The attached picture shows the current situation. You can just see the brown elbow at the bottom of the black stack. (the white pipe is form an old macerator).

The wall to the left of the stack is the outside wall of the house (the side the new extension would be) and this sticks out about 12 to 18 inches form the back wall of the house. The wall to the right of the stack is the current rear extension wall under which the waste pipe goes. The stack is in the "valley" between the two attached to the rear wall.

There are no other sewers anywhere near me.

What would you suggest in terms of how to hook up a further bathroom in the proposed new extension?
Running externally isn't an option and I really don't want to have to use another macerator.

Any help gratefully appreciated.
Steve

Attachments

• DSC01284.jpg
    DSC01284.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 110
Sponsored Links
That last section into the clay drain looks like cast to me. Is this still going to be accessible once the proposed new extension is built? Ideally need a diagram to show current floorplan and position of drains, with another to show the same with the addition of the proposed new section (and position of new bathroom).

Difficult to visualise whats already there, whats to be added and any possible solutions at the moment.

OP,

According to your posting history, you were given advice by various people back in 2011. You neither thanked nor acknowledged the respondents at that time. You merely disappeared from your own thread.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back