New staircase for a loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm after someone's help, we are putting in a new staircase for a loft conversion. It will have a few stairs then a platform turnin right going up. Is there a set amount of stairs you are allowed before the turning platform? Or can you have as many as you want?

Also what is the rules and a good way of working the staircase out!?

Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
This is probably in the wrong section, should be in floors, stairs and lofts.
Stairbox have a good stair builder on their website (it's what I used to get an idea of what I wanted/sizes/etc), I had mine delivered from TK Stairs last night though. They were slightly cheaper and I had great service and delivery to be fair.

Hi,

I'm currently converting my loft and used a diy kit from kwikstairs. It comes with a template to cut to create your staircase for different rise heights, but the going is always the same (265mm I think from memory). As my going was less, I made my own template using a square from screwfix (about £8). Jon who runs kwikstairs was really helpful, responding to an email ten minutes after I sent it at about 11 at night with a sketch to suit my dimensions.
Their kits come as straight flights and right / left winder boxes - the winder box can be fitted at any point on the 13 tread straight flight. It's been in about 3 months now with no squeaks so far....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back