New Stelrad Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm got a radiator which needs swapping to match the rest in the house (stelrad) and whilst doing it I'd like to upgrade the output from this particular rad.

I had this one fitted and it measures 800 x 450:

2q0lrax.jpg

I can get away with a 1000 x 450 to replace it but wondered which style setlrad to go for. I have quite a few P+ stelrads in the house and wondered what the output would be like compared to the one above. Or do you think I should go for a K2 to maximize the effect of it?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Google is your friend here! Google the rad and click on any sellers, the description should tell you BTU's. if you find the room not warm enough go for a k2

Thanks Jamesie.

I guess what I'm asking here is.... how will a P+ or K2 (800x450) compare to original one I've photographed (800x450) - Once I know this I'll know whether to simple up the size or whether a P+ or K2 will beat it in the same size.

Thanks

The one on the pic looks like a K2 stelrad?? aint it?

p = one panel no fins
k1 = one panel one set of fins
p+ = two panels one set of fins
k2 = two panel two sets of fins
k3 = three panels three sets of fins

that looks like a stelrad elite k2

http://www.stelrad.com/uk/ try here for outputs

800x450 k2 = 1097w
800x450 p+ = 844w
800x500 k3 = 1645w

Sponsored Links
Brilliant, thanks for that.

Yeah the one I've photographed does look like a K2 but it's not in the same brand and I'm guessing it's fairly old - it came with he house.

As I want a bit more heat (BTU) from the replacement I think I'll go for 1000 x 450 (which means I'll gain an extra 200 x 450mm) and thsi will hopefully be enough.

The elite model looks like it has open sides and not boxed in (like the one I photographed - which is what you said). What are the softline and compact models? They both look boxed in and very similar don't they?

Thanks again

Brilliant, thanks for that.

Yeah the one I've photographed does look like a K2 but it's not in the same brand and I'm guessing it's fairly old - it came with he house.

As I want a bit more heat (BTU) from the replacement I think I'll go for 1000 x 450 (which means I'll gain an extra 200 x 450mm) and thsi will hopefully be enough.

The elite model looks like it has open sides and not boxed in (like the one I photographed - which is what you said). What are the softline and compact models? They both look boxed in and very similar don't they?

Thanks again

They are the same as the elite but with covers on Id say, the outputs I quoted you were for the compact range.

I would go for CenterRad radis half the price LITERALLY and very very similar to the boxed in compact range.

Plumb center own brand BUT made by Myson

http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/en/hea...tributeValue1=CenterRad&sortType=&sortColumn=

Thanks for that. They are that much cheaper then?

I think I'll be buying a:
Stelrad Compact K2 450 x 1000mm (4678 BTU) £66.20 inc vat and delivery.

What would the alternative be in a CentreRad?

Thanks

ooops yes they are a lot. Forgot you need a trade account for the best price on Center Rads

and thats a cracking price for a stelrad well done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back