Stelrad Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A plumber has quoted me on a job; to install 3 new radiators. He has specified Stelrad Compact Radiators which seem very expensive.

He has specified a 2000 x 450 K2 radiator and its £230, and 1000 x 450 K1 (two for £170)

I will be building radiator covers so no one will see them, plus I hope to sell the house when the market improves.

Can I get cheaper radiators that will be just as good?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
you probably can on the net. Stelrads are good usually but no they are not cheap
you get what you pay for as they say

Sponsored Links
Also, if you're building covers over them, add 50% to the sizes to compensate for the heat loss where the rad is warming the covers rather than the room

Also, if you're building covers over them, add 50% to the sizes to compensate for the heat loss where the rad is warming the covers rather than the room

May as well keep the costs up!!

The op should also remember to install TRVs.

Inside the enclosed spaces they will be inaccessible and shut down the rads nearly permanently, and remote ones will add to the price significantly.

In short - just change them with anything half decent and don't box them in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back