1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

New Stud work - Angled Internal Wall

Discussion in 'Wood / Woodwork / Carpentry' started by BigClick, 9 Aug 2019.

1. BigClick

BigClick

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I am creating a new space with CLS stud.

I want to create an angle between two walls. I can cut the sole plate and the top plate so they but up to each other but I am not sure how I get the vertical studs to join or if I even need to join them.

Could I just project the plaster board past the vertical studs and put a bead down the angle join?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. JobAndKnock

JobAndKnock

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Whilst accurately cut angled ends are desirable, they aren't strictly necessary. Your studs still need to be plumb and should be tied-in (screwed or nailed) to both header and sole plate if only to allow you to fix the plsterboad to them. To find plumb you could always use a nut and a bit of string/thread.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links