New tank in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A loft has this old iron tank that is full of holes and needs replacing with a new tank...
The big ones are just a bit big for the loft hatch.

What normaly happens in situations like that these days?
Is there something on the market that comes in sections?
Or is it like i suspect, just a small tank?

Any tips or suggestions will be welcome thanks...

Sponsored Links
2 cisterns connected to each other. inlet on one, outlet on the other...connect via a short bit of 22 mm pipe near the base of the cisterns

Have a look at polytank. Normally you need a 600mmm square (24inch) trap door but some of these are 19" sqaure end on - called coffin tanks they are thin and long. You may need to build a platform to get a bit of height so you get better water pressure. Have a closer look at your trap door, can you increase the size a bit by taking out the door stops.

Some round tanks are flexible and can be bent a bit to get them through - probably need to warm the plastic first by keeping it indoors for a day.

http://www.polytank.co.uk/index.html

If I were fitting two cisterns then I would connect them in parallel with two float valves.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back