New Tap causing boiler to go on and off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Having this strange problem with the new Ikea mixer tap on my basin(separate adjustor for flow and temp.). Spent ages googling but still no luck.

Have this tap fitted and everything seems fine until I went for a shower and the boiler keeps cutting out and water is now hot cold hot cold...

The problem wasn't there before so its obvious that the new taps is causing the problem even though its completely separate to the walk in shower?? Anyway so I went and checked everything again with the shower running, no leaks no obvious problems until I ran out of ideas and started playing with the temp adjustor of the new basin tap, bingo! The problem is gone if I turn it to either full hot or full cold but starting to cut out again as soon as I put it to the middle - even water is not turned on! Also whenever I adjust the temp I notice the flow on the shower head changes??

My rough guess is that the mixer is causing a drop in water pressure which causing the boiler to cut out but still couldn't understand why its doing it even the tap is not in use??

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Terry

Sponsored Links
Cross flow on new tap. Put in non return valves on hot and cold should sort problem. Possibly?

My rough guess is that the mixer is causing a drop in water pressure which causing the boiler to cut out but still couldn't understand why its doing it even the tap is not in use??
Presumably the tap is of such poor design that the mixing part is permanently open to the incoming supplies, with the water flow control after that.

Such a device is doomed to failure in the majority of installations.
It's also from Ikea, so hardly surprising it a load of junk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back