New tap :- Low hot water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a new bathroom suite fitted at the moment.

Just had the basin installed but for some reason the hot water pressure if poor to the tap.

Its a mono tap like this
jet_basin_tap.jpg

Its connected using 15mm flexi hoses. All the other taps in the house seem fine.................any ideas?

Sponsored Links
yes...they are not suitable for low pressure.

the pipework supplied and the inside workings of the taps are all geared up for high pressure...they cause too much of an obstruction and hence the hot flow is poor

my guesses:

perhaps when you say "pressure" you mean "flow"

your hot water is supplied via a tank in the loft so the pressure is low

you have bought a stylish taps where the connectors on the bottom are the size of pencils

the tap is designed for high pressure supply and has narrow internals which are obstructing the flow of water.

edited: bah, too slow :mad:

Sponsored Links
Yes the "flow" is poor.....mains is fine.

Kinda Stuck with that tap now as it matched the bath tap design, but i need to buy 2 more taps for other rooms....would like a similer design if possible or will nothing like that work?

I did find some similar mixer taps on t'interweb that did work acceptably with gravity feeds for our bathroom. Can't remember who supplied them now.... I think the spec was 0.2 Bar minimum working pressure (That's about all the pressure you will get in a first floor bathroom with the CWST in the loft above).

Just had a quick google..... There were hundreds of results including this on fleabay.
TAV-TAP-TCR10.jpg

http://search.ebay.co.uk/low-pressure-mixer-taps_W0QQfcclZ1QQfclZ4QQfnuZ1QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back