new taps poor pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had a new bathroom fitted upstairs, and there is now a very poor pressure on the hot basin and hot bath tap. (montap on basin) .Downstairs pressure is still good. The plumber who fitted them says that the new hot taps are to blame, as they have ,( inside), 2 disks with holes in, instead of a washer, and the flow is therefore reduced. (Not his faul ??). They are part of a "complete bathroom kit" from Tivoli Go. Very nice otherwise.
Takes ages to fill basin and bath. Taps to blame?? True?? :oops:
Any help please.

Sponsored Links
Do you have a normal vented hot water tank? If the taps are high pressure taps, and you have a vented tank with not much head, then it's the taps.

Thanks Oilman !
How can I tell if they are HP taps ? Any outside signs?
Is the only solution changing the taps?
:oops:

It might be in the literature that came with the taps, or you could search the net.

Sponsored Links
Could it be flexible tap connectors restricting flow?

Never thought of that !
I have just tested that it's not an airlock, and now I'm sopping wet !
The bath tap flow is better than the wash basin, and I saw there were 2 sizes of flexible tails before they went in, and the thinner ones went on the basin, but I'm sure the copper pipes TO the basin were the same size as the pipes to the bath.
Is this likely? or are they normally smaller ?

Thanks !

The pipe sizing could be different to Bath/Basin depending on lots of things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back